If you are a sports betting fan, you can now play on one of the most recognizable sports betting platforms. William Hill Sportsbook is now available in Colorado following the passage of Proposition DD in 2019. The sportsbook has a betting site and a mobile app (for both iOS and Android devices).
This review delves into the new sportsbook to help you make an informed choice before signing up. It covers all aspects such as the sports available, bonuses and promotions, betting options, quality of customer support, banking methods, user experience on the sportsbook website, and the app and many other items.
William Hill sports betting bonuses
The William Hill Sportsbook has competitive bonuses and promotions for both new and existing players. You can claim your welcome bonus using the free Promo Code LEGALRF.
Once you sign and deposit with that code, your first bet at William Hill is risk-free up to $2,021. Simply make your first bet on the site, and if it wins it’s business as usual! But if it loses, you get the entire amount back as bet credits to try again.
You must use the bet credits within seven days.
WH Sportsbook promo code – April 2021
|Online Sportsbook||William Hill Sportsbook|
|WH Promo Code||LEGALRF|
|Deposit Bonus||Up to $2,021 risk-free bet|
|Bonus Available On Mobile||Yes|
|Last Updated||April 2021|
Other bonus offers available
Some of the bonuses and promotions available at William Hill include:
- Hail Mary Parlays: If you place a four-leg parlay on Saturday college football games and you lose, William Hill offers 15% cashback.
- Seasonal promotions: You should keep checking the promotions page for a variety of bonuses and promotions. For instance, if you are a college football fan, you can back an underdog of +300 or greater. The sportsbook offers 100% cashback if your team loses by 6 points or fewer.
- Puck Parlay Protection: This insurance applies during the NHL season. If you wager on a three-leg NHL parlay on Wednesdays and lose, the sportsbook offers 15% cashback.
You should always check the promotions page every time you log in to enjoy these enticing offers. They boost your payout and also increase your bankroll for future wagers.
Sports offered on the William Hill app in Colorado
William Hill is accepting wagers on all major sports, including:
- Auto racing
- Soccer (including English Premier League)
- College basketball
- College football
- PGA Tour and other golf tournaments
Each of these sports covers a wide range of wagering options. For instance, for football, you have Super Bowl LV, the pro football AFC championship, XFL championship and 2020 Heisman Trophy, to mention a few.
For hockey, you have the 2019-20 Stanley Cup, the conference finals, college hockey and many others.
Sports betting options on William Hill’s Sportsbook
This sportsbook offers you a diverse range of betting options on different sports and specific games. Take a look:
- Moneyline: This betting option is the most basics with the underdog having a + (plus sign) while the favorite will have a – (minus sign). For instance, if the Toronto Raptors are +10.00 against the Lakers, your $100 bet on Toronto Raptors will win you $1,000 if the Raptors win.
- Point spreads: A type of bet where a set amount of points factor into the final score. If you want to cash in, your team will have to win by a specific number of points. It is a fluid type of wager that keeps changing up to the point when a match starts.
- Futures: The William Hill Sportsbook also allows wagers on the outcome of a future sporting event. Some lines open months before an event. For instance, who will win the NASCAR title in the new season?
- Totals (over/under): Allows you to place a bet on either side of the total.
- Parlays: If you want to boost your winnings, you can join multiple wagers in a single bet. You can only win a parlay if all wagers go your way. If your ticket wins, the payout is always higher than the individual bets.
- Round robins: This is a combination of different betting options. Check the William Hill Sportsbook betting guide to find out more about specific rules on round robins.
- Propositions (prop bets): These are wagers tied to the outcome of events in a particular game. For instance, number of tries, number of completions by a specific quarterback and other creative wagers.
- Teasers: This betting option is available for football and basketball games. The sportsbook allows you to adjust the point spread of one or more games in your favor.
While the wagers and sports covered by William Hill are sufficient for most bettors, it still has to expand the variety. Some of the competitors offer 50,000+ betting options, and this is an area the sportsbook needs to work on fast.
Using the William Hill Sportsbook site
Owing to its experience in the sports betting industry, William Hill has created an impressive betting platform. On the homepage, you can easily choose your state and get directed to the right page.
The homepage has well-displayed tabs for “PROMOS,” “WAGER DISCLAIMERS,” “HOW TO BET,” “RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING” and the “CONTACT US” page.
If you want to place a bet, the “BET NOW” tab, above the fold, takes you to the main sports betting page. One the left you will see drop-down tabs that include “IN-PLAY,” “SEARCH,” “PROMOTIONS,” “POPULAR” and “ALL SPORTS.” It is easy to find whatever you want on this simple layout.
The bet slip is on the top right-hand corner, and you can start adding games without the slip blocking your view. The “RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING” tab is also prominently displayed to promote safe play on the sportsbook.
The website is easy to navigate, with quick links to relevant sections. For a new user, this is a delightful sports betting platform to use.
Using the William Hill Sportsbook app
If you want to bet on the go, there’s a dedicated app for iOS and Android devices. The William Hill Sportsbook app comes in handy for betting during the commute or when traveling.
Some of the outstanding qualities on the app include its responsive and lightweight nature, simple navigation, well-arranged menu items and clearly marked items.
The app is intuitive, and you will find it less frustrating compared to other sports betting apps. The straightforward nature of the app is both a strength and a weakness.
Newbies using this sportsbook will find it easy to use. However, experienced bettors would love more advanced features that this app lacks.
There’s in-play betting, though the live data feeds don’t seem to work. The bet slip is separate from the main betting page, but you can access it with a click of a button. The bet slip will display pending wagers and how much you stand to win. It’s easy to adjust wager amounts from the app.
William Hill banking options
You have several options to deposit and withdraw funds from this betting website. The minimum you can deposit is $20.
- ACH or e-check
- William Hill prepaid card
Other than the William Hill prepaid card, the sports betting platform has not provided more withdrawal options. You have to contact the customer support team for more withdrawal options, and this is one of the few drawbacks.
Customer service level
The quality of customer service is impressive, and you’ll get your queries answered quickly. The Colorado sports betting website also offers multiple language support. Customer service channels include:
- 24/7 live chat window on the desktop website and mobile app
- Email address
- Phone calls
The “HELP” section has a database of information touching on betting rules and managing your account. The prominent display of the “RESPONSIBLE GAMING” section on the homepage also comes in handy if you need assistance with a gambling problem.
About William Hill
William Hill entered the US sports betting market in 2018 and has spread to multiple states. In Colorado, the sportsbook has the legal backing of the recently passed Proposition DD, which legalized sports betting in the Centennial State.
Internationally, William Hill is known as one of the largest online sports betting companies. The company brings expertise, technology and over 100 years of experience into the Colorado sports betting market.
William Hill claims to be America’s No. 1 sportsbook, and going by its website and mobile app, this is not just a marketing gimmick. The sportsbook website is easy to use, while the intuitive mobile app works perfectly for on-the-go bettors. These platforms guarantee smooth gameplay, an excellent user experience and secure betting.
Despite these impressive attributes, there are some drawbacks that the sportsbook has to work on. They include a clunky search feature, limited withdrawal options and hard-to-find promotions. The sportsbook also falls short by failing to offer huge incentives in bonuses and promotions. These drawbacks aside, the William Hill Sportsbook provides an incredible user experience, which is one of the many reasons you should try it.